Tuesday, March 19, 2013

2nd Pday In Korea

 

Easter gift, Saying bye to Elder Layton/trying to be obedient/I'm going to miss him, Had to say goodbye to her again, my emotions got the best of me. I'm missing Eishelle! But I know that God needs us to be in different parts of the world.

 

  shopping, Ice cream cone! The police station.  These bananas were 5,000 won = $5.00 the fruit is kind of expensive here.
   
The desks where we do all the studying. The bathroom is kind of small. Um there isn't a shower curtain, we just stand on that plat form you see there and shower...everything gets wet pretty much. And there isn't a fan in the bathroom so it gets all steamy and hot ;)
Then the kitchen, behind that door is where our washer is. 


 

This is our bed room. The pad I sleep on is about 2 inches tick, which is pretty good compared to other people. Our living room....with our little table and the rack of where we hang our laundry.

Those shoes and bag I got for 10,000 won each. Which equals about $18.

That's all the pictures I have. We are going sight seeing today for pday so next week hopefully i'll have some cool pictures for you to see korea, like i see korea. Oh also there is a taco bell here! and pizza hut, mcdonalds, burger king. Oh dad and guess what else is here....outback steakhouse! Maybe I'll be eating that steak after all ;) there is a 7-11 on every corner, maybe I already told you that? When we went shopping last week there are name brands every where. and korea is all about fashion so they have their own brands. Koreans are very concerned about the way they look. anyway thats all.
I LOVE YOU ALL
xo
whit jean

OK, so I thought I was done with the blog and went to "preview" my work - and all the typing was deleted, the pictures are put of place, my funnies are gone... all of it ...  and I cannot figure out how to get the letter before the pictures so we are going to let the computer win this time and I will try better next time.  (I am a letter behind so hopefully that will get updated this week as well)  

FAMILY!
 Whoa.. so I've made it two whole weeks here. I still can't believe I'm here. I wrote sky and told him and every morning my alarm clock goes off at 630 and I think, is this real life? I still just can't wrap my head around it. I also told him I don't feel like I'm in Asia, but I don't feel like I'm home either. I don't know, it's hard to explain. Josh, maybe you can understand? And Brady, when you were in Brazil? I don't know how it's supposed to feel. I've never been a missionary and I've never been out of the country. All I know is, I'm not home. 
 A lot of people ask me if I've experienced culture shock. I don't know if I would call it that. I know that I stick out like a sore thumb because I am american, and I have huge eyes. But I think my biggest shock is ALL THE PEOPLE. I mean I was told there was a lot of people, but you can't just imagine it, you have to see it with your own eyes. And wow!! People are everywhere I can hardly believe it myself. 
 I'm not having a hard time with the food or anything like that. Members in the ward are the SWEETEST people ever. Even though I can't understand them, I know they love me, because I am a missionary. I've eaten a lot of weird food. but i dont think i have ate dog yet. i had seaweed soup! mom you would have hated it. Haha. you know when we float the river up in island park and you fall off your tube and drown for a second? and the taste of seaweed gets in your nose? imagine that but warm water..and it's not in your nose it's in your mouth! Haha it was good, i actually loved it.
 As I was sitting in sacrament meeting yesterday, not knowing what the speaker was saying, I looked up the word CONVERSION in the bible...second to las paragraph it says, "complete conversion comes after many trials and much testing." Look up Luke 22:23. Then it says "to labor for the conversion of one's self and others is a noble task. Look up D&C 18:15&16. I'm a missionary. This is what I do...eat, drink, sleep, pray, and walk the gospel. I love this gospel. I love my heavenly father. I love my savior who sacrificed and suffered for me, that he could be my ultimate comforter. I've had to seek him a lot as a missionary, and I believe this is training me to do this my whole life. I'm grateful for the opportunity, even though it hurts like crazy at times.

I wish I had more time.
Korean's are kind. Some are rude, but you find those people every where you go. Some are funny, some are not...haha. Oh this week as we were jundoing (proselyte) we saw a man who just felt like taking off his shirt and....it was gross. I turned away as soon as I saw that, I'm not sure if he was going to take off anything else, and I didn't want to see. A grown man picked his nose in front of me, that was sicky. Ummm yeah that's about it. Haha, hope this cheers you up!

I love you all so much, continue praying.
Love,
Whitley Jean










2 comments:

  1. Love reading what is happening in Sister Hunsaker's life. Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I'll have you know I watch and watch this site for your comments about her blog (I am not sure who I am logged in under while I am writing this) Thank you for always checking in.

    ReplyDelete