Tuesday, January 15, 2013

It's TUESDAY - Whit's P-Day!


Are you thinking "I cannot believe there is an update on this blog two times in one week!!" If so, you are NOT alone!  I am impressing myself right now - I just had to share that with you.  

Well since it is Whit's P-Day and we got an email I thought I'd share the letter and pictures with you. **disclaimer ** Mr./Brother Jordan Routt, if you are reading this particular post and there are things in this post that could get Whit and her sister roommates a "talkin' to" such as, oh I don't know... maybe proof Whit isn't eating all of her vegetables, a cluttered room/unmade bed, or her acting like a monkey by climbing the walls - let's keep them between you and me - deal?  OR you can just skip this post and catch the next one. *wink *wink.   I am so glad Whit mentioned you and Mr./Brother Benson Tanner in her email.  I think it helps us, as her family, know that she is being taken care of while she is away.  (we may or may not be over protective of our lil sister/youngest daughter, best friend/loved one, etc)  

I am going to say, this is one of the best emails (in my opinion) we have received from Whit thus far.  She sounds more upbeat even though she still gets frustrated and struggles from time to time.


Whit's email, January 15, 2012

I finally think I have everyone's email address, yay. Except dad, does he have one?
So one more week down :) that's exciting huh! I wish I had time to go back and review all of the letters I have sent, but I don't. So sorry if I am repeating information.
Days still drag on and on and on, and weeks are getting faster. My companion needs to go buy boots before we go to korea, so we get to go shopping! But it was this huge process and I had to sign my life away agreeing that I wouldn't meet up with anyone or even tell anyone where I'm going ect, ect, ect. BUT I want you all to know this girl is getting some therapy, going shoppin! :)
I went to the Temple this afternoon. It was good, as always. I find myself really distracted. My thoughts jump every where. I feel like the most biopolar person ever. I have some really awesome days, and then some really not so good days ha. But I'm still alive.
It takes so much work to be a missionary. I teach an "investigator" every single day...in Korean. Guys, I can't speak Korean. I read from a piece of paper and then pretent like I know what they're saying back to me, and 99% of the time I have no idea what's going on. I had a one-on-one with a teacher, brother petersen. he helped me a lot, but i felt like that kid in resource...who probably should go back to 3rd grade instead of being in 5th. Know what I mean? It is so hard. And I am humbled every single day. Actually, would you like to know what I heard today? I heard that Spanish missionaries learn a language. English missionaries learn the gospel. And Asian missionaries learn to be humbled. Amen is all I gotta say to that.
I can't keep any of my days straight, they're all meshing. So I can't really tell you what I did this past week cause I really can't remember. Maybe if I had my journal...oops. I forgot it. Um brady, thanks for writing to me and feeling my pain learning this language. I bet being in brazil was hard and that's what i get to do for 15 months. Mom, i loved your letter, the dear elder one that you wrote about your day with all the kids, and i also love hearing your testimony. it really strengthens me. Dad, you finally wrote me! Haha yes, I remember always asking you to suck the hot off my fire ball. I wish everything were as simple as that, like I could ask you to suck the pain out of missionary work haha. You're a great Dad, and you always are willing to make my burdens light, I love you. I hope you're driving safe. All of you are in my thoughts and prayers. I miss you all mostly at nights, during the day they keep me busy enough to be okay...except for the korean being thrown at me. One of my teachers told me he saw my blog, thanks for updating it zo. I don't really know what's on there but that's okay i don't need to know. I told him to comment on it, and he said he would but who knows. His name is Jordan Routt. My other teacher is Benson Tanner, Mom I told him to look you up and he said he would. Josh, you might know him actually. He served from 2009-2011 ish...he said your name sounded familiar, you might have been here at the MTC around the time that he was? Do you remember him? Sky, what do you do at your work? I feel like you never answer my questions. Bj, i brag about my brother in law being a helicoptor instrutor, all the time. thanks for being so cool, cool enough to brag about :) This elder in my district, Elder Peck...he reminds me of you. Its like knowing you and being your friend when you were 19 years old. Haha, it's great. My friend, Elder Layton arrives tomorrow (I think?) and I am soooo excited to be seeing a familiar face! I can't wait for eishelle to come, I miss her. Someone text her and tell her I love her, please. I wish I could text all of you right now and tell you I love you.


I don't really know what else to say.  I'll leave ya'll with my testimony though. I know God and Jesus Chrst live. I know that they are real. I feel their love daily in my life. I know that Jesus was sent here to die for the sins of the whole world. There is a reason he died for us, so that we can make it through this life to return to live with Him in heaven. I believe in angels, and I know there are angels watching over all of us, to keep us feel close together. I know that the Book of Mormon has power in it. I know that if we read it, daily, that our lives will be improved and we will be happier. I know that God hears and answers our prayers. I know that there have been many times that I felt like I just couldn't give anymore, and he continually provides a way for me. I know there is power in living by and following the commandments of God. I know that God is all powerful, and I know he loves all his children. I'm grateful for examples in my life who have courage. Courage to stand for what is right. Courage to bring the gospel to all the world. It is my hope and prayer that we might all be able to live by example, for that's what Jesus did. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
I love you.
May God be with us,
Love,
Whitley Jean <3

We also got a lot of pictures from Whit, as I am sure you have already notice, and I wanted to include them along with her comments and description.  SHE LOOKS GREAT!!!  I miss her more than words can say but I am so happy to see a smile on her face!  She is a B~E~A~U-tiful!!!

all the stuff mom and zo sent me. Felt like Christmas day


me with a fireball, just for you dad :)

 all the girls in my zone, there should be 12 girls.

 just a day in class, i almost always pull my hair on top of my head..if you haven't noticed that. I usually pull it up after the language has beaten me up.




                   

  ←     Whitley in Korean... well kinda, we just have to sound it out.





Hunsaker in Korean. It sounds like this..hun-say-kour.    ↴
                   
      

A castle Elder Fund drew. I'm going to live in a castle apparently. Me, Josh and our eight kids





Still trying to figure out how to climb the wall. I don't understand why every single elder does this, so we thought we'd try to do it. I still don't understand why it's so awesome. Probably cause I never accomplished it.



This is me and Sister Bell. She is from Rexburg Idaho, and she's the cutest and sweetest thing around. Also the last picture is spinach! Ew. Its like the horse was munchin on his hay and then spit in on my plate. Why does anyone eat this? Just thought I'd show you what they're feeding me. The fish and rice I ate with it was good though!          
                          ⇓
                        

I hope everyone has enjoyed all of these pictures as much as we have.  We are all extremely happy to see the smile on Whitley's face.  Once again doesn't hesitate to put pen to paper and write Whit a letter or log on to www.dearleder.com and say HI to Sister Whitley Jean Hunsaker.

No comments:

Post a Comment