Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Hey, I've been HOME for four months...

I've been wanting to post ever since I've been home, and I am finally finding the time to do it.

I can't really put into words what it's been like coming home. For sure it's been so so amazing being with family and friends all over again. I got to spend a lot of time with Mema for a few months before coming up to Idaho for school again. I can't believe it's been four months. There literally hasn't been a day that goes by when I haven't thought about Korea and my mission. I miss it dearly. And I am just truly grateful to Heavenly Father for giving me that unique opportunity to embrace another culture and the people of Korea. I met some of the best over there, and they'll forever hold a special place in my heart.

The hardest part about adjusting for me is managing my time.....weird! I spent 18 months planning every single day, mastering priorities, and now...the struggle is real. In the last few months I've seen myself in a lot of different lights, and I guess I'm still figuring out who I am. It is so easy to live the gospel of Jesus Christ as a missionary, living the gospel of Jesus Christ as someone not set apart, like a missionary, definitely is challenging. Kudos to those of you who are strong and faithful in living like you believe.

Through this "hard time" of mine, I've learned two very important things:
1. Satan will never quit tempting me
and
2. Heavenly Father will never ever give up on me
Because of these two things are complete opposite ends of the spectrum, it's up to me to exercise my agency and choose for myself which direction I am going to walk. The beautiful thing about this is, throughout my life, I've walked towards both (at different times of course). I've let Satan tempt me, and I've let Christ enlighten me. I know God has his arms out extended towards all of us, are we walking towards Him?

1 Nephi 31:20
"Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life."











1 comment:

  1. Loved this post. We must never give up on living the Gospel to the best of our ability...every day!
    So glad you are home and enjoying...

    ReplyDelete